Monday, February 3, 2014

Sponsored!!

Before I announce the name of my sponsor, I would first like to thank Ray Flynn, Brad Yewer, and the rest of the Flynn Sports family.  They have done so much for me in the few months that we have been working together and I couldn't appreciate their efforts any more.  This is what I have been waiting and hoping for, for a long time.  With that all being said, I would like to announce Hoka One One as my sponsor!

For those of you that are unfamiliar with the brand, let me introduce them to you.  Hoka One One is a rapidly, RAPIDLY growing shoe brand that was originally developed by shoe designers Nicholas Mermoud and Jean-Luc Diard.  The brand caught fire amongst ultra marathon runners and has since been spreading to every type of runner imaginable.  And now, to the track!  All of their shoes feature a thicker, higher volume midsole that is soft but responsive at the same time.  It is truly a revolutionary design that is taking the sport by storm.

But this is so much more than just a sponsorship.  For me, this is about a company putting their faith in me to represent their brand well, both on and off the track.  It's an opportunity for me to continue to grow in the sport.  I am honored and feel very privileged to work with such a tight-knit group of people and a brand that has been growing exponentially since they started in 2010.  Talking with Brand President Jim Van Dine, I am so excited by what Hoka One One is trying to do and what they have in store for the future.  We will all be seeing more and more Hoka One One!

Photo credit: www.snewsnet.com
In other news...there may or may not be a World Record attempt this weekend in Boston.  That's right!  We (NJ/NY TC) will be sending two 4x800 meter relay teams to Boston to face the Brooks Beast track club and a number of other relay teams in an effort to not only win, but to also take a stab at the 4x800 World Record.  My teammates and I are excited to be a part of such a big race that we'll likely remember for the rest of our lives.

Although it has been an eventful week for me off the track, the work on the track has not stopped. Coming off of a race I try to make sure that I get a good solid week of training in.  And as we switch gears from the mile last weekend to the 800 next weekend, Coach Gags wanted to make sure that we turned over our legs which we sure did!  Everything felt good and I can't wait to compete this upcoming weekend.  You'll find last week's training log below.


January 27- February 2

Monday
9 mile recovery run

Tuesday
Morning workout-
24 minute tempo run
Afternoon-
Weight Session
Total Mileage: 9.5

Wednesday
8 mile recovery run
Drills/Strides

Thursday
Morning track workout-
1x600 (800m pace) 2x400 (800m pace)
6x100Afternoon-
Weight Session
3 mile Shake-out run
Total Mileage: 9.5

Friday
13 mile long run
Saturday
8 mile recovery run
Drills/Strides

Sunday
8 mile recovery run
Drills/Strides

Total Weekly Mileage: 65

Keep an eye out for track on TV this weekend! We will be racing at 5:35pm Eastern! And in the meantime, check out hokaoneone.com

Time to fly!

For questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to post below or email me directly at mikeruttrunning@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment